The wooden church on a basement was built in 1687 and later planked with battens. The tall quadrangle has a cube capital typical for the Onega architectural school of the 17th century, with five cupolas. On four sides, porches with bochka roofs are added to the quadrangle. On the western side was a porch, where a Tikhvin aisle and a Mid-Pentecost aisle were arranged. The church formed part of the defunct church ensemble in the middle of the Chukuyev parish, one of the finest in the wooden architecture of the Russian North, complete with the belfry (1740), Assumption church (1675), and Candlemas church (1893). It was pulled down in the 1960s.
Abstract by O.G. Baranova