Objects
Photograph: Wayside inn and wooden synagogue (on the right). European Jews
Photograph: Wayside inn and wooden synagogue (on the right). European Jews
Title
Photograph: Wayside inn and wooden synagogue (on the right)
Ethnic groups
European Jews
Territory
Podolia Guberniya, Kamenets-Podolsky Uyezd, Shtetl of Lanckorun
Date
1907 г.
Collectors-person
Photographer
Mogilyansky N. M.
Photographic process
Gelatin silver printing with chemical development (DOP)
Dimensions
11,5 x 22,9
Corpus
Photo Collections of REM
Number
РЭМ 852-7
Annotation
Wayside inn was a house comprising accommodation rooms, an inn for travelers, and horse stables. The name Lanckorun appeared in the first half of the 18th century when the village was owned by Polish noblemen Lanckoronskis, who obtained by petitioning a status of shtetl for it, with the right to hold fairs. In 1897, 1893 Jews (50%) lived in the shtetl, there were an Orthodox church, three synagogues, a brewery and a wax refinery, and several shops and water mills.
Ethnical annotation
חצר פונדק.בית כנסת מעץ.(מימין) מחוז פודולסקי, אוייזד קמנץ-פודולסקי, עיירה יהודית לנצקורון יהודים אירופאים. צלם מוגיליאנסקי נ'.מ'.צילום משלחתי. 1907 תמונה מודפסת. חצר פונדק הוא המבנה שכלל חדרי מגורים, בית מלון לנוסעים ואורות לסוסים. השם לנצקרון (לאנצקרון) הופיע במחצית הראשונה של המאה ה-18, כאשר המושב הקטן היה בבעלותה של משפחת האצולה הפולנית לאנצקרונסקי, אשר השיגה בשבילו את המעמד של עיירה עם זכות לקיים ירידים. ב-1897 התגוררו בעיירה 1,893 יהודים (50%), היו: אחת כנסייה אורתודוקסית, 3 בתי כנסת, מבשלה ומפעל ושעווה, ואף מספר חנויות וטחנות מים